Create a Promotion
To get started creating your first promotion, visit the Vendor Dashboard and go to Marketing → Promotions.
Click the + button in the top right corner and choose either Add catalog promotion or Add cart promotion:
- Catalog promotions are product discounts that are displayed on the catalog pages (the pages of products and categories). For example, a seasonal sale, or discounted products.
- Cart promotions include discounts on products and orders; bonus coupons; free shipping; free products; and so on. Cart promotions are displayed on the cart and checkout page.
- Name—the name of the promotion as it appears to customers and in the Administration panel.
- Detailed description—the full description of the promotion. It appears on a special page that lists all promotions in your store.
- Short description—the description of the promotion as it appears on the storefront when a customer views an order (My account → Orders).
- Image—add an image for your promotion. It appears next to the detailed descriptions on a special page that lists all promotions in your store.
- Use available period—if you tick this checkbox, the promotion will only be available for a period of time that you specify. Otherwise, the promotion will run until it is canceled by you:
- Available from—the date when the promotion becomes available to customers.
- Available till—the date when the promotion ends.
- Priority—the order in which the promotions are applied. For example, 1 is a higher priority than 10; 0 is the highest priority. Promotions with higher priority will be applied first. If two promotions have the same priority, they are applied in the same order as they are retrieved from the database.
- Stop other rules—if you tick this checkbox, other promotions won’t apply to an order when the current promotion is applied. The Stop other rules checkbox doesn’t affect the promotions of other types. For example, a cart promotion can’t stop a catalog promotion.
- Status—the status of the promotion (Active, Hidden, or Disabled).
- Switch to the Conditions tab. This tab determines in what cases the promotion applies.
- Click the Add condition button and choose the condition from the dropdown list. Most conditions require you to enter additional information.
- After you have added your conditions it is time to add the bonuses. Switch the Bonuses tab. This tab determines what bonuses are given when a promotion applies.
- Click the Add bonus button and select a bonus from the dropdown list. Most bonuses require you to enter additional information.
Create Your Promotion
Once you have finished setting up your promotions, click the Create button at the top right of the page.